- Ensuring improvement of the Waters and Water Dependent Natural Resources;
- Protecting and Restoring the hydrologic and ecosystem integrity of the Basin
- Retaining the quantity of surface water and groundwater in the Basin
- Ensuring the sustainable use of Waters of the Basin; and,
- Promoting the efficiency of use and reducing losses and waste of Water.
The agreement also commits the Compact Council to adopting basin-wide objectives to meet these goals. The objectives were first adopted by the Compact Council on December 8, 2009 and were most recently re-affirmed on December 11, 2019.
The Compact Council most recently re-affirmed Basin-Wide Objectives on December 11, 2019. The objectives, which are reviewed on regular intervals by the Compact Council, along with the water conservation and efficiency goals found in the Compact, guide the States as they implement and modify their water conservation and efficiency programs.
Annual Water Conservation and Efficiency Assessments